User Type > Faculty or Admin
Deployments in the Stemify Platform are used to assign Placement Exams, Assessments, and/or Diagnostic exams to a group of students grouped by cohort. For more information on cohorts, see "What is a cohort?"
Deployments can include the following criteria:
- Assessments: assessments included in the deployment
- Number of Attempts or Retake Limit: number of attempts students are allowed for a specific exam.
- Duration: the time students are allowed to complete a single attempt of the exam once they have started.
- Cooling Off Period: amount of time student must wait before each attempt before retaking the exam.
- Cutoff Score: when an exam is used for course placement, scores on the exam are assigned with cutoffs to determine the course a student is eligible to place into.
- Start Date and Time and End Date and Time: used to set the time period the exam will remain open to students.
- Passcode: can be used to restrict the start time for an exam so all students begin the exam at the same time for use cases such as proctored exams.
- Welcome Message: used to provide students with overview and instructions for the exam(s).
All of the above criteria are configurable to meet the needs of the institution.