User Type > Faculty and Student
The Stemify Learning Library is a comprehensive digital library of STEM instructional content organized around specific concepts and learning objectives that never "teach to the test." Students can interact with lessons following a logical path through their learning. The library contains instructional videos with embedded quizzes and digital worksheets for practice and instant feedback.
The Learning Library integrates with Stemify's Placement Solution so a score is never a number but a concept map.
The main components of the Learning Library are:
- Instructional Videos: the platform holds over 400 instructional videos broken down at the concept level with additional videos added continuously.
- Embedded Video Questions: each instructional video in the Stemify Learning Library contains embedded video questions designed to test a student's knowledge of the specific concept being taught. Every wrong answer to these questions is tagged so that students are instantly redirected to the precise section of the video lesson they need to revisit in order to remedy their mistake and ensure that they are mastering a specific concept.
- Practice Questions: There are currently over 1,500 practice questions in the library with more being added continually. The questions follow each video lesson and are designed to reinforce the concepts presented in the lesson.
- Additional Reading: Many of our lessons contain links to related OpenStax textbook chapters. Lessons that include links to OpenStax chapters are designated with a green OpenStax badge on the video thumbnail image.
The Learning Library is accessible through both Student and Faculty Dashboards and through the main navigation by clicking the three grey vertical bars located next to the Stemify logo in the upper left corner of your screen.
The main page of the Learning Library displays sections of content broken out by subject matter.
Clicking on one of the sections brings you to the full library of content for that section. Video lessons that have been recently viewed, will have a red "recently watched" indicator. Videos that have been viewed at any time, will have a red progress bar displayed, showing the the student where he or she left off.
Lessons that include a link to a related OpenStax textbook chapter will display the green OpenStax badge in the bottom right corner of the video thumbnail image.
Click on a lesson to begin. Underneath the video player itself, you will see:
- Learning objectives
- Practice assignment links
- OpenStax links (underneath Additional Reading)
Embedded video questions will appear as students reach certain sections of the video.